Amélie(2001) is truly a picturesque film that tells a story of a timid Parisian girl. It is one of my favorite movies because I see myself in the protagonist. I can say that we are very much alike, from creativity to showing what I want others to know, indirectly [because I’m too shy]. Like her, I like to look for things no one else catches.
Amélie is an innocent and naive girl in Paris with her own sense of justice. She decides to help those around her and, along the way, discovers love.
The movie introduces the characters by stating their likes and dislikes. And I thought of making my own list.
trees rivers likes:
- using vending machines
- drinking warm water
- catching 10:01 on the clock
- pink tums
- lakes and beaches [and Shrek’s swamp]
- thinking silly things
- solving puzzles and decoding messages
- egg whites
- the sound of crumpling paper
- going to museums
- weird stuff .-.
- the word “floppy”
trees rivers dislikes:
- boot-cut pants
- flavored water
- peanut butter
- hand prints on train hand-rails
- rainy days
- wearing outside clothes to my bed
- menthol candies
- going to construction/home depots
- cars with magic trees (or air fresheners)
- men’s perfume that smells like air fresheners
- egg yolks
- C I S C O
Recently, I took the Myers-Briggs Personality Test here and I found out that I have the same personality type as Amélie’s, which is INFP. Which kind of explains why there’s a “connection” between me and her.
I don’t know what else to say. I’ll end this with a famous quote from the movie:
*All pictures in this post are not mine